1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1-2 tbsp olive oil
1 packet New Canaan Farms Cajun Swamp Root Dip
Wine or your favorite cocktail
- Preheat your oven to 400°
- Rinse and dry your chickpeas – I spread them out and blot with use paper towel, then allow them to air dry for a few minutes.
- Place the chickpeas in a bowl, and add 1 tbsp of olive oil. Gently toss, adding a little extra oil if needed.
- Cover a baking tray with parchment, spread the chickpeas out and put in the oven to roast for 20-30 minutes, shaking the pan to rotate every 10 minutes.
- Remove the chickpeas from the oven when they are golden and slightly darkened, dry and crispy on the outside, and soft in the middle.
- Pour them back into your bowl, and immediately scatter over the packet of Cajun Swamp Root Dip. Stir to combine evenly.
- Serve while the chickpeas are still warm and crispy. They will gradually lose their crispiness as they cool, becoming deliciously chewy. I often store in a ziplock bag, to be able to re-shake any spices that have settled.