1 loaf brioche, sliced 1/2 inch thick
11/2 cups New Canaan Farms Strawberry Almond Jam
4 large eggs, beaten
1/2 cup regular sugar
21/2 cups plus 1 tbs whole milk
1 tbsp vanilla extract
6 tbs unsalted butter, melted
3/4 cup powdered sugar
Fresh strawberries and ice cream
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Butter a 9″x13″ baking dish. Arrange half of the sliced brioche on the bottom of the dish, cutting the slices to fit.
- Spread 1 cup of New Canaan Farms Strawberry Almond Jam on top of the bread, then cover with the remaining slices
- Whisk the eggs, sugar, 21/2 cups of the milk and the vanilla together and pour evenly over the bread. Press down on the bread to help soak the mixture through, then brush the top of the bread with 4 tbs of the melted butter
- Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes, then remove the foil and bake for 15 minutes more, until the pudding is set and starting to turn golden brown. Remove from the oven
- Preheat the grill, on low. Whisk together the remaining 1 tbs milk with the powdered sugar, then stir in the 2 tbs melted butter and 1/2 cup of jam. Mix until the mixture is smooth, then spread on top of the pudding.
- Place under the grill until the glaze is bubbling – keep watching to make sure it doesn’t burn!
- Allow to cool slightly, then serve warm with fresh strawberries and ice cream