2 cups mature Irish Cheddar, grated
1 large egg
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp baking powder
4 tbsp cold butter
1 cup raisins
Irish Stew, New Canaan Farms Caramelized Onion & Garlic Jam
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Grease an 8″ round cake pan with butter or cooking spray
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder and baking soda
- Cut in the cold butter, and rub into the mixture with your fingers until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Then stir in the grated cheddar
- Whisk the buttermilk and egg together, then gently fold into the flour mixture. Stir until just combined
- Transfer the dough to the cake pan, and bake in the oven for around 45 minutes, until the top is golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean
- Allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then serve warm with Irish Stew and New Canaan Farms Caramelized Onion & Garlic Jam.
- Happy St Patrick’s Day!