1 tbs vegetable oil
8-10 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1 packet taco seasoning mix
1 jar New Canaan Farms Habanero Salsa
1 14oz can black beans
1 1/2 cups frozen corn
Sour cream, avocados and lime wedges
- Pour the oil into a crockpot and place the chicken thighs on top.
- Sprinkle the taco seasoning on top of the chicken. Cover and cook on high for 2 hours, or low for 6 hours.
- Turn the chicken over and add the can of rinsed and drained beans, the corn, and any other vegetables you wish.
- Continue cooking for 1 or 2 more hours, depending on cooking temperature.
- Shred the chicken with two forks. Stir in the jar of salsa and toss to gently coat.
- Sprinkle with cilantro, shredded cheese, and serve with anything you like! We love it with sliced avocado, New Canaan Farms jalapenos, Pepper Bacon cornbread and rice, and toated pita bread.
Different Salsas for Varied Tastes
Habanero brings a touch of gentle heat
- Use Cilantro Salsa for mild flavor
- Fire-Roasted Cantina dials up the spice
- Demon brings the strongest heat of all