3-4 cups broccoli florets (fresh or frozen)
Salt & freshly ground pepper
1lb chicken tenders
½ teaspoon garlic powder
3 tbsp all-purpose flour
3 tbsp olive or canola oil (plus extra for roasting broccoli)
1 cup New Canaan Farms Old Austin Apricot Jam
1 garlic clove, minced
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 ½ tbsp brown sugar
Lightly toasted sliced almonds, to garnish
Rice, quinoa or mashed potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Place the broccoli on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and season to taste. Roast for 15 to 20 minutes, or until slightly charred.
- Season the flour with salt, pepper and garlic powder, and toss the chicken pieces to coat.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken in a single layer. Cook until lightly browned, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Combine the apricot jam with the minced garlic, soy sauce and brown butter and whisk well. Pour into the skillet with the browned chicken and simmer until the sauce thickens and the chicken is cooked through.
- Sprinkle with toasted almonds and serve with rice of your choice, quinoa or mashed potatoes.