Pumpkin Chiffon Pie
Serves 6 to 8
- 1 jar (11 oz.) New Canaan Farms Pumpkin Butter
- 1 5.85 oz Instant Vanilla Pudding
- 1-pt. heavy whipping cream
- 1 graham cracker-pie crust
- Garnish: ground nutmeg, toasted pecans (chopped)
In a 2-quart bowl, mix pumpkin butter with vanilla pudding mix. With electric mixer, slowly add whipping cream to pumpkin-pudding mixture. Beat until mixture forms stiff peaks. Pour into piecrust and chill at least one hour before serving. Garnish with a sprinkle of nutmeg and pecans.
Orange Sweet Potatoes with Pumpkin Butter
Serves 4 to 6
- 1 16 oz. can sweet potatoes / yams
- 2 to 3 oranges
- 1/2 C. New Canaan Farms Pumpkin Butter
- 2 T. brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 T. melted butter
- 2 t. grated fresh ginger
- 1 t. salt
Drain potatoes, mash in medium bowl. Squeeze oranges to make 1/3-cup juice. (Orange shells may be reserved to fill with potatoes.) Add juice, pumpkin butter, brown sugar, butter, ginger, and salt to potatoes, whip to blend. In a saucepan over medium heat, stir potatoes 'til hot.
If desired before serving: Remove pulp from orange shells with serrated knife; fill shells with hot sweet potatoes.
Makes two 8x4 1/2-inch loaves Or four 5 3/4x3-inch loaves
- 1/2 C. unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 C. sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 C. all-purpose flour
- 2 t. baking powder
- 1/4 t. baking soda
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 t. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 t. ground cloves
- 1 1/2-C. New Canaan Farms Pumpkin Butter
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 3/4 C. chopped pecans, toasted
Preheat ovetn to 350° F. Grease two 8x4 1/2-inch or four 5 3/4x3-inch loaf pans. Cream butter ans sugar, then beat in eggs. In separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and cloves. Add dry mixture to the wet. Mix well. Beat in pumpkin butter and vanilla.
Transfer batter to pans and bake until bread springs back when touched, 1 hr. for large loaves, 50 minutes for small. Remove bread from pans, cool on wire rack. Store, tightly wrapped, in cool place.
Grilled Calypso Chicken
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced thin
- 1 medium red pepper, sliced thin
- 2 mangos, peeled and sliced thick
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, peeled and sliced
- Long grain rice
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple plus juice
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons crushed garlic
- 1 cup New Canaan Farms Mango Habanero Sauce
Combine marinade ingredients. Marinate chicken for 15 minutes. In a pan saute onion and pepper until tender. Set aside.
Cook chicken on hot grill (375° F.) for 7 minutes per side or until breasts reach internal temp. 165° F. Grill mango and pineapple slices until lightly charred.
In saucepan, bring marinade to a boil for 2 minutes. Spoon marinade over chicken; top with sauteed onions and peppers. Serve chicken with rice, garnish with mango and pineapple slices sprinkled with coconut.
Mango Habanero Green Salad with Shrimp
- 1 - 10 oz. bag Spring Mix Salad Greens
- 1/2 cup chunk-cut cantaloupe
- 1 medium red pepper, diced
- 1 cup cold boild shrimp
- 1/4 cup New Canaan Farms Mango Habanero Sauce
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
Combine greens, cantaloupe, red pepper, and shrimp in large bowl. Toss with Mango Habanero sauce to coat. Sprinkle with feta cheese. Serve, passing extra sauce separately.
The Scoop on Sauce. For zesty crunch, drizzle New Canaan Farms Mango Habanero Sauce on any favorite salad greens. A+ Appetizer: Dip shrimp in sauce for simple sophistication.
- 10 oz. breaded chicken tenders
- 1 C. New Canaan Farms Peach Jezebel Sauce
- 1 - 8 3/4 oz. can chunk pineapple
- 1 16oz. packaged frozen oriental vegetables
- Long grain rice, cooked
Prepare chicken according to package directions. Place tenders in large skillet. Add Jezebel sauce, pineapple and vegetables. Cover; simmer 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Serve over hot rice. The Scoop on Sauce: For a speedy sweet-heat glaze, use Jezebel Sauce on chicken/pork while baking or pan sautéing. Use Sauce as your secret ingredient in Oriental stir-fries. Creative Company Pleasers: Substitute sauce for mustard with cold cuts and cheese, or offer sauce over cream cheese with crackers.
Jezebel Pound Cake
- 1/3 cup New Canaan Farms Peach Jezebel Sauce
- 8 oz. Mascarpone cheese
- 4 oz. white chocolate
- 8 oz. sliced fresh/frozen peaches
- 8 oz. pound cake
- 1 oz. white chocolate shavings
- whipped topping
Place white chocolate in microwave-safe dish; microwave for 30 seconds. Remove, and stir until melted. In another bowl, combine mascarpone and Jezebel Sauce. Add melted chocolate and blend. Slice cake in half, toast each side under broiler, or brown lightly in toaster. Place cake slice on plate; spread half Jezebel mixture, peaches, whipped topping and shaved chocolate. Place remaining cake slice on top and repeat with sauce, peaches, topping, and shavings.
Raspberry Chipotle Pork Tenderloin
Serves 3 to 4
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 5 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/4 cup (plus an additional amount for serving on the side) New Canaan Farms Raspberry Chipotle Sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 12-oz. pork tenderloin
Mix marinade and place with pork in zip-lock bag. Set aside for 30 minutes. Grill over hot coals 7 minutes per side. Let rest before slicing. Serve warm or at room temperature with sauce on side.
Raspberry Chipotle Salsa
Makes 2 1/2 cups
- 1 pint red raspberries
- Meat of 2 mangoes, cut into chunks (optional)
- 4 - 6 oz. can mandarin oranges
- 1/2 cup red onion, minced
- 1 T. finely chopped jalapeno
- 1 clove garlic, minced (optional)
- 1/2 C. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 C. New Canaan Farms Raspberry Chipotle Sauce
- Salt , to taste
Mix all ingredients together, let blend for 2 hours. Serve with warm tortilla quarters.
Corn tortillas: Spread tortillas with butter, cut into quarters and bake at 250° F. until crips (about 1 hour).